On 05/05/2023, Nepal Chamber Of Commerce (NCCHK) met with Mr. Algernon Yau, JP. Secretary for Commerce and Economic Development, HKSAR at Central Government Office. This is the first time NCCHK has formally met with any government official post pandemic period.
Various Subject matters and agendas were discussed to promote Trade and Commerce relations between Nepal and HKSAR. NCCHK will work closely with Commerce and Development Bureau in coming days to promote Nepalese business in Hong Kong.
1. Hong Kong F & B industry is facing worker shortage, We can import qualified workers from Nepal on a 2 year contract basis.
2. The IT industry is growing rapidly in Nepal, We can empower the Hong Kong IT industry with our skilled talents from Nepal.
3. Work with Nepal Tourism Board (NTB) to promote tourism to Nepal from Hong Kong.
4. Import more Nepalese products from Nepal to be marketed in Hong Kong.
5. Request for more government aided programs to train our members for more efficient business operations.
6. Organize field visits to China factories and manufacturing plants.
7. Open a Health Center and bring Doctors / Health Workers from Nepal to bring address the medical needs of Nepalese in Hong Kong.