PAST EVENTS / GALLERY
5th Installation Program
On 6th August 2022, Saturday, Nepal Chamber of Commerce Hong Kong’s 5th installation program was held at Yak and Yeti Restaurant Jordan under the chairmanship of Mr. Lab Kumar Gurung. At the event, the Honorable Chief Patron of the organization, Consulate General of Nepal, Mr. Uday Bahadur Rana Magar, inaugurated the program lighting Diyo Batti in Panas. The Nepali national anthem was played immediately after the inauguration. Patron, Mr. Ved Bahadur Khadka, and outgoing president Mr. Dasu Ram Parajuli, and various officers from different organizations were present at the program. Mr. Dhiraj Kumar Rai, Vice President of the organization, gave a speech during the program. The program was conducted by the General Secretary Mr. Shashi Madan Rai.
In the first phase of the program, the officials who were outgoing took a seat and distributed certificates of appreciation by the chairman. The outgoing officers were Chief Advisor Mr. Pritam Shrestha, Advisor Mr. Hejen Rai, and Executive Committee Member Mr. Shiv Sah. To make the program attractive, local artist Miss. Ayushma Rai presented folk dances at different times of the program.
In the second phase of the program, the newly appointed advisers and executive committee members were welcomed by the past advisers and past members by giving garlands and shaking hands. Mr. Dasu Ram Parajuli, Immediate past president, was installed as the newly appointed chief advisor by Mr. Pritam Shrestha, Immediate past chief advisor. Other advisors installed were Mr. Indra Wanem, Dr. Chura Thapa, and Mr. Rajesh Bhimsaria. There were other nominated members also installed. Mr. T.B. Yakkha, installed as an Editor of Media Reporter from Bagaicha.com.
At the end of the program, General Secretary Rai described the Chamber, its benefits for the members, and the future program of the Chamber. After that, Patron Mr. Bed Bahadur Khadka and Hon’ble Chief Patron, CGN, Mr. Udaya Bahadur Rana Magar offered their best wishes for the Chamber. In the end, Mr. Lab Kumar Gurung, the president, closed the program.
7 Jun 2022, Wednesday, the Nepal Chamber of Commerce Hong Kong 1st meeting was held at Blue Ocean Restaurant. The president Mr. Lab Kumar Gurung chaired the meeting. The meeting has passed the following agendas.
- President: Mr. Lab Kumar Gurung (Present)
- First VP: Mr. Dharam Kumar Gurung (Present)
- VP: Mr. Dhiraj Kumar Rai (Present)
- General Secretary: Mr. Shashi Madan Rai (Present)
- Treasurer: Ms. Indra Gurung (Present)
- Executive: Mr. Dhundi (Raj) Gyawali (Present)
- Executive: Mr. Prakash (JP) Gurung (Present)
- Executive: Mr. Bishnu Kumar Gurung (Absent)
- Executive: Mr. Bardan (Denny) Gurung (Present)
- Executive: Mr. Tirtha Raj (Jeevan) Gurung (Present)
- Appointment of new executive committee members: Mr. Yubraj Gurung, Mr. Pradip Kandhangwa, Mr. Suman Ingnam Limbu, Mr. Laxman Thapa Magar, and Ms. Tika Maya Shrestha are appointed as executive committee members.
- Upgrade to the new post: The elected Ex-Come, Mr. Danny Bardan Gurung is upgraded to Secretary and the elected Ex-Com, Thirtha Gurung (Jeevan) is upgraded to Joint Secretary.
- Reinstatement of Patrons: According to the Internal Directives of the Chamber, the head of the Consulate General of Nepal Hong Kong Mr. Udaya Bahadur Rana Magar is reinstated as Hon’ble Chief Patron until restored. The transition president 2002, Mr. Bed Bahadur Khadka, the founder president 2005, Mr. Tej Bahadur Rai, and the 1st president 2008, Mr. Jagannatha Gyawali are reinstated as Patrons.
- Reinstatement of Chief Advisor: According to the Internal Directives of the Chamber, the immediate past president of the Chamber Mr. Dasu Ram Parajuli is reinstated as Chief Advisor of the Chamber.
- Appointment of Advisor: Mr. Indra Wanem is appointed as General Advisor, Solicitor, Yek Narayan Sharma is appointed as Legal Advisor, Dr. Chura Thapa is appointed as Social Advisor, Mr. Rajesh Bhimsariya is appointed as Trade Advisor, and Mr. Sher Bahadur Limbu & Mr. Pawan Khemka are appointed as Advisors.
- Reinstatement of Ex-Officio Advisor: According to the Internal Directives of the Chamber, the head of the Nepalese Representative Organizations in Hong Kong or Representative of a business organization from Nepal or the organization established with similar objectives to the Nepal Chamber of Commerce Hong Kong automatically holds the post of Ex-Officio Advisor until restored. Therefore President of Non-Resident Nepalese Association (NRNA), Mr. Gokarna Dhakal, President of Hong Kong Nepalese Federation (HKNF), Ms. Rita Gurung, President of Nepali Federation of Indigenous Nationalities Hong Kong (NFIN), Mr. Krishna Lawati, Representative of Federation of Nepalese Chamber of Commerce & Industry (FNCCI), Mr. Krishna Pandey, Representative of Nepal Chamber of Commerce (NCC), Ms. Aruna Gurung, President of Hong Kong Nepalese Business Association (HKNBA), Mr. Prakash Pun, President of Federation of International Nepalese Youth Entrepreneurs (FINYE), Mr. Akash Banjara, Manager of Nepal Airlines (NA), Mr. Nawa Raj Upadhaya are reinstated as Ex-Officio Advisors.
- Appointment of Media Reporter: Mr. T.B. Yakkha (Bagaicha.com) and Mr. Jagat Ambu (Hknepal.com) are appointed ad Media Reporter of the Chamber.
5th Convention Program
25 June 2022 Sunday, Nepal Chamber of Commerce Hong Kong’s 5th convention was held at Blue Ocean Restaurant in Jordan. In the convention, the closed session was operated by a presiding committee under the chairmanship of Mr. Jagannath Gyawali (the patron and former president of the NCCHK). The other presiding members were Mr. Pritam Shrestha (Chief Advisor), Mr. Krishna Pandey (advisor), and Mr. JB Okhrabu (Advisor).
In the election session, an election board was formed under the chief coordination of Mr. Hejen Rai (Advisor) to conduct the election. Other members were Mr. Gokarna Dhakal, Mr. Hem Limbu, Mr. Indra Wanem, and Mr. Basant (Bipin) Rai.
In the closed session, the General Secretary of Nepal Chamber of Commerce Hong Kong, Mr. Shashi Madan Rai presented the progress report of the organization, and the Treasurer Mr. Dharam Kumar Gurung presented the financial report. After the convention passed the report, General Secretary Mr. Rai presented the draft of the organization’s first internal directives for 2022. After a long discussion, the directives were passed with some changes.
In the end, since there was no rival candidate in the election of the executive committee, the following 10 councilors were elected unanimously under the chairmanship of Mr. Lab Kumar Gurung. Mr. Gurung from Sankhuwasabha had been in Hong Kong for a long time doing various businesses including Asim Consultancy Company and Interactive Construction Limited. He was the current first vice-president of NCCHK 2016.
- Chairman: Mr. Lab Kumar Gurung
- First Vice President: Mr. Dharam Kumar Gurung
- Vice President: Mr. Dhiraj Kumar Rai
- General Secretary: Mr. Shashi Madan Rai
- Treasurer: Mrs. Indra Gurung
- Member: Mr. Bardan (Denny) Gurung
- Member: Mr. Tirtha (Jivan) Gurung
- Member: Mr. Dhundi (Raj) Gyawali
- Member: Mr. Prakash (JP) Gurung
- Member: Mr. Bishnu Kumar Gurung
At the end of the program, the Chief Election Officer was sworn in the oath to all the winning candidates and closed the convention.
PAST EVENTS (2016-2021)
The activities in nutshell:
- 25 Oct 2016 – Dashain & Tihar celebration Party had been held at Kangan Restaurant jointly with NRNA and HKNF.
- 22 Nov 2016 – A Business Interaction program had been held at Bagaicha Restaurant with Billionaire Mr. Binod Chaudhary. around 130 business entrepreneurs participated in the program
- 2 Dec 2016 – The Farewell party with Ex-Committee was held at Kangan Restaurant but it but there happened an unexpected incident between senior executives of the Chamber. The chamber expressed deep sympathy to the victim and prayed for the speedy recovery from the injury caused therefrom.
- An Investment seminar was held in Kangan on 24 December 2016 with a Chinese speaker (women) regarding foreign investment. The seminar was sponsored by Mr. G P Shrestha.
- 25 Feb 2017 – The Chamber had performed a 9th Anniversary Party with its members and other Chambers at Himalayan Restaurant. More than 80 people participated in the event.
- 2 May 2017 – Energy minister Mr. Janardan Sharma and Electricity authority MD Mr. Kul Man Ghising among others were invited to Hong Kong and given public seminars in Yau Ma Tei Community Centre. Chamber also held its separate investment seminar in Bagaicha restaurant were Minister and MD delivered their speech to invest in Hydro-power in Nepal. 75 people attended the event.
- 24 Jun 2017 – The Chamber had organized a Bowling Game tournament for its members at Hung Home Sports Centre. . 21 Participants contested in the tournament.
- 9 Sep 2017 – The EXCOM members of the Chamber Visited the Yuen Long district to renew relations and to grow the member’s strength. The Chamber had made 250 T-Shirts with its logo imprinted, and 500 metal Badge for its members to grow a fund. T-shirts were sponsored by Mr. G P Shrestha and the batch was sponsored by our VP Mr. Lab Kumar Gurung.
- 23 Feb 2018 – Nepal Chamber of Commerce, Hong Kong’s 10th Anniversary is held at GRAND HYATT Hotel on 23rd February 2018. On the occasion, 129 delegates from government and non-governmental commercial organizations participated in the anniversary. The Director General of Invest HK was the Chief Guest. Consul General of Nepal for Hong Kong was the Special Guest of Honour and the Consul General of Nepal for Guangzhou was also the Guest of Honour. Souvenir bags and Nepalese teas were handed over to the guests and businessmen present. The program was broadcast live partially.
- 11 Apr 2018 – A Reception Party with Pokhara Chamber of Commerce & Industry was held at Bagaicha Restaurant. Consul General for Nepal was the Chief Guest, and a Memorandum of Understanding was executed between Nepal Chamber of Commerce Hong Kong and Pokhara Chambers of Commerce & Industry to work for the promotion of Nepalese goods to overseas markets.
- 6 Jun 2018 – Chamber’s Member Driven Program is held in the months of June & July 2018. During the campaign, executive members visited individual members’ offices and shops and exchanged information and greetings with one another. It helped to increase the platform and the bond of various businessmen with the Chamber.
- 13 August 2018 – an interaction gathering of Nepal budget speech was held at Central SOHO with the chief guest of the Nepalese Consul General. The budget was appraised and thoroughly discussed by the participants.
- There were three seminars organized by HK police regarding the unlicensed restaurants in operation in Yau Tsim Mong district and beyond to give awareness to such operators with the participation of the Chamber and later such unlicensed restaurants were advised not to operate such unlicensed restaurants. With this many such restaurants were shut down.
- From September 2018 to December 2018 – The executive members visited the business houses to the collection of sponsorships to prepare a Business Directory and know their business conditions including problems faced by them. More than 50 sponsorships were collected during the period. A Business Interaction program was held in Blue Ocean Restaurant in April 2018 with the delegate of James & Jewelry Association of Nepal and an MOU was signed between NCCHK & James & Jewelry Association of Nepal
- 9 Jan 2019 – New year celebration party at Basmati Restaurant, Seng Wan was organized under the Chief Guest of Nepalese Consul General Mr. Kamal Prasad Bhattarai.
- 24 Feb 2019 – AGM was held at Bagaicha Restaurant & Party Palace.
- During March-April 2019, Chamber’s Directory was distributed to various govt. offices in Nepal including the Tourism Board, Nepal Chamber of Commerce, FNCCI, Minister for foreign affairs, tourism and Finance including other various business entities in Nepal.
- Mar 2019 – Due to the Covid 19 all business activities were closed but Chamber continued to ask and assist members and business houses regarding the subsidies and funds provided by the government throughout those difficult periods.
- 10 Jan 2020 – Director Lunch & New Year Celebration is held at Basmati Restaurant.
- Feb 2020 – 5th convention of Nepal Chamber of commerce Hong Kong was Postponed due to the closure of businesses & venues including the banning of public places due to the deadly second wave coronavirus.
- 20 Feb 2021 – 13th Anniversary – Zoom celebration was held with limited participation.
- Members of the Chambers were involved in various donations to disastrous coronavirus periods to help Nepalese suffering in Nepal.
- 19 Jul 2021 – Charity Dinner for Covid 19 & Flood Victims Support for Nepal is held at Himalayan Restaurant Wanchai. From the collection of money from donors and from the Contribution of EXCO members, a sum of Rs12 lakhs was sent to the PM’s Relief Fund through Nepal Consul General Hong Kong. An appreciation letter was received from the PM’s desk, Government of Nepal.
- A survey was conducted by Chamber from February to June 2021 for the category of businesses, their classification, and to know what Nepalese products were available with the Nepalese businesses their difficulties importing, etc. the survey forms were assessed later, and the Consulate General office with the actual preparation and the same was made known to the Nepalese Businesses in Hong Kong by the consulate general. Consul General also thanked us for our efforts to conduct such a survey.
- 29 Oct 2021 – Dashain Tihar Shubhakamana is held at Blue Ocean Restaurant.
- Dec 2021 – Postponed 5th Convention of Nepal Chamber of commerce Hong Kong again. Closed all business activities due to the third wave coronavirus.