Why Join Us?
The Nepal Chamber of Commerce Hong Kong (NCCHK) is an organization of Nepalese Business owners and entrepreneurs. Chamber of commerce seeks to further their collective business interests while advancing the economic well-being of their community, region, state, or nation. While a chamber of commerce works with the government, it is not a government entity. A chamber will often lobby the government at the local, state, or national levels to ensure its legislative agenda gets represented. Chambers operate as individual organizations and do not receive any government funding. Joining a chamber of commerce provides businesses with access to resources, discounts, and relationships that enable them to save money, market their products, and streamline their processes. Both employees internal to individual chapters and members of chapters bring their own benefits to the total body. Whether your business is looking for B2B partners and sales, help with customer acquisition or guidance on HR processes, a chamber of commerce can help.
The opportunity to network among local business owners, operators, and industry movers is one of the most appealing aspects of joining a chapter chamber of commerce. Examples of popular networking opportunities include:
- Collaboration – Meet and greets, networking lunches, and mixers for company employees enable individuals to develop mutually beneficial marketing strategies and foster the discussion of business strategy.
- Partnerships – Chambers of commerce offer a variety of partnership opportunities.
- Membership Perks – When your business joins a chamber of commerce, the membership typically allows for a certain number of employees to also join. This enables individuals within your company access to the same people and resources that benefit you and your business.
Membership in a chamber of commerce provides your business with opportunities for additional exposure.
- Marketing Outlets – Chambers of commerce provide members with advertising opportunities on their websites. Chambers may also publish newsletters, maintain social media pages, and run publications.
- Sponsorships – Some organizations offer sponsorships or fundraisers for member businesses or the chamber itself.
- New Business Opportunities – Chambers provide business referrals, insights into new local businesses, and networking opportunities with industry leaders.
- Business Credibility – 63% Customers responded more likely to use the goods of businesses that belong to a local chamber. Businesses may add further credibility by advertising themselves as chamber members on their storefronts or websites.
- Community Involvement – Chambers of commerce partner with local organizations to help bring awareness to local needs. Being a part of the local chamber of commerce gives business owners several opportunities to get involved in the community.
Resources for Businesses
Business owners and entrepreneurs wear many different hats. Being a member of the chamber gives them access to resources they might not otherwise have:
- Directories – Access to the chamber’s membership directory helps business owners locate other businesses that might work with them. Members can also get access to email lists to broaden their customer base, whether B2B or B2C.
- Discounts – Chambers may offer member discounts. These may include discounts for restaurants, tuition, insurance, bulk shipping, office supplies, electric or gas energy, accounting software, and industry literature.
- Facilities – Chamber’s members often enjoy access to their facilities where they can hold events. For smaller or medium-sized companies, the use of facilities is paramount to community engagement.
- Financial Access – Chambers also provide streamlined access to business loans. By fostering relationships with banks, chambers can make recommendations to businesses for banks and help banks trust a business’ ability to pay off a loan.
Services for Businesses
Chambers of commerce also offer many services that businesses rely on:
- HR Benefits – Chambers offer HR consulting regarding benefits, regulatory compliance, and training.
- Security – Today’s businesses need to safeguard against both physical and cyber threats. Chambers offers consultation regarding the security of employees, products, and data.
- Accounting – Chambers go beyond offering accounting consultation. Some also offer payroll services that help both small and large companies track their finances.
- Jobs – Chambers also provides immediate access to job listings and employee referrals, which proves useful to businesses that need to hire seasonal workers.
- Advocacy and Representation – Chambers often recommend PACs (political action committees) or political candidates that represent the organization’s interests.
Education and Training
Chambers of commerce offer seminars and workshops to help business owners sharpen their skills.
Other reasons to join
- Aligning your company’s values with the values of a community-building organization. There is a reason the Nepal Chamber of Commerce Hong Kong has thrived for over 14 years. Its members built Hong Kong, and the Chamber continues to represent the positive businesses in the community. Be part of that group.
- Make business contacts. The Chamber’s most fundamental mission is to generate more business activity for the community. The Chamber initiates more business-to-business commerce and more opportunities for networking and connecting local professionals than is available through most other local organizations.
- Increase your visibility in the community. As a new member of the Chamber of Commerce, you will be listed in the Chamber e-newsletter, on Facebook and have the opportunity to be highlighted in other Chamber publications. You also can grow your business by advertising with the Chamber and sponsoring events. The Chamber helps arrange and promote your grand opening/ribbon cutting ceremony and assists with public relations ideas and efforts.
- Create networking opportunities. Serving on a Chamber committee provides a platform to demonstrate your trustworthiness and follow through. Networking events offer many venues to learn more about other businesses, how to meet their needs and possibly earn their business.